Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Another flower painting....


Alright, here's a painting I did based off of the sketch I did on 1/23/11, day # 4. It's oils on a birch panel. I didn't primer the panel first. I like this technique, the wood sopped up the oils quite nicely, allowing for a quicker dry time and the golden color of the wood gave the piece a nice glow as well.  It's 41 x 24". I think I'm going to stick with oil painting on wood, I definitely enjoy the way the paint handels on this surface and its difficult ot over wet the surface. After I've used up the canvases I have, I don't think I'll ever go back.
I know this subject matter might be considered trite, but I don't care. I throughly enjoyed creating this painting. It's the first full scale painting I've done in about 3 years. And it really got me back in the creating mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment