Monday, February 13, 2012

Illustration for Krystal

My friend Krystal recently graduated college. When I asked her what I could get here for graduating she pointed to an old sketch stuck on the big foam board covering part of the wall in my studio. A drawing of a tree, like that. I've always liked this sketch. It came from a series of drawings that I did around ASU. This tree is outside the art building. There's actual another building behind these trees, but I removed because I wanted to. An I do what I want. I've redone it as a basic chalk pastel before. Now I'm trying it with pen, watercolor and chalk pastel. Here's a view of all three. The one on the right is the piece I'm currently working on, the one in the middle is the original sketch that I did so many years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment